Ask your dentist about your treatment plan.
A visit to the dentist can sometimes be more than routine, especially if your dentist recommends a customized diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plan for you. Depending on your case, the recommendation could range from a basic filling (most patients) to a dental implant, braces, a deep cleaning or extensive periodontal treatment. So it’s wise to ask for clarification and further explanation if you have questions. Consider asking the following:
- What part of the recommendations are covered under my dental plan?
- What part of the treatment is not a covered benefit, and what would my cost be?
- How much of the total treatment cost will I be responsible for?
- Do you offer a payment plan?
- How many visits will be required to complete treatment?
- What can I expect after treatment? Will I be able to eat?
- What are the consequences of declining treatment?
It’s always important to understand your dentist’s diagnosis and your plan’s copayments to avoid surprises. Armed with a thorough understanding of your treatment plan, you’ll be on your way to enhancing your smile and improving the health of your mouth, teeth and gums.