What are Dentures?
A denture is a removable prosthetic device constructed of a gum colored acrylic base that supports a set of realistic-looking artificial teeth.
Brident offers three types of dentures (full, partial, and implant).
Full dentures are a complete set of removable artificial teeth that are primarily held into place by suction. They’re an ideal option for those who have lost all of their teeth.
Partial dentures are an option if you have some teeth remaining. Although partial dentures are attached to your natural teeth with nylon or metal clasps, they are also fully removable.
Implant dentures are full dentures that are set into place by dental implants (tiny screws attached to your jawbone). Also known as overdentures, implant dentures are fully removable yet remain stable in your mouth.
Whether full, partial or implant, all dentures need to be cared for and cleaned. Here are a few tips to keep your dentures looking great:
- Remove and rinse your dentures after eating
- Carefully handle your dentures (don’t bend or damage while cleaning)
- Clean your mouth after denture removal
- Brush your dentures each day
- Soak your dentures overnight
- Rinse your dentures before putting them back into your mouth
- Schedule regular dental checkups
If you have any questions about dentures, please contact Brident to make an appointment.