Many children and young adults experience a cavity at some point, but this common disorder can also impact anyone regardless of age. (A toothache is a good sign that you should make a dentist appointment today.) At Brident, we can help keep cavities and tooth decay at bay through regular dental checkups and professional cleanings. However cavity prevention also requires good oral hygiene, including brushing and flossing every day.
The good news is that cavity prevention is possible. Brident is happy to recommend several things you can start doing today:
- Pass on sugary drinks and foods like soda, candy, cookies and juice
- Brush twice a day to remove food particles, sugar and bacteria from your mouth
- Use mouthwash and toothpaste that contains fluoride, which helps protect against cavities while also strengthening teeth
- Use dental floss every day to clean between teeth and remove plaque from places your toothbrush can miss
- Visit Brident every 6 months to receive regular dental care, routine exams and cleaning
How Brident Treats Cavities
If the dentists at Brident find a cavity, they will suggest you get it filled as soon as possible to keep it from causing continued tooth pain, growing bigger and potentially affecting the future health of your tooth. When filling cavities, our dentists typically follow these simple steps:
1) We make sure you’re comfortable
2) We numb the area around the tooth to prevent any pain
3) We remove all your tooth’s decay
4) We make your tooth whole again by filling your cavity with a safe compound
Brident provides a variety of cavity filling materials including white and silver compounds. Our dentists are happy to help you determine which is right for you or your child.
If you have any questions about teeth cleaning, cavities, or tooth pain, please contact Brident to make an appointment.